Monday, October 13, 2008

Veto of AB 2567

Thank you for all of you who called regarding Harvey Milk Day Governor Schwarzenegger vetoed the bill. Please read his letter below.

Thank you for writing to urge a veto of AB 2567. I appreciate your active participation in the democratic process, and I value your suggestions on how government can better serve the people of California.

I am pleased to inform you that I vetoed this bill after extensive consideration and thorough deliberation of arguments from both supporters and opponents of this issue. The public impact of Harvey Milk's efforts should continue to be recognized at the local level by those who were most impacted by his contributions. My veto message for this legislation may be found on the Official California Legislative Information website: www.leginfo.ca.gov.

Again, I appreciate hearing your opinion on legislation that affects the future of our great state. Taking the time to communicate your views and offer suggestions is essential to good citizenship and good government.

Sincerely,


Arnold Schwarzenegger