Friday, November 11, 2011

People Conceived In Rape Have A Right To Life (Video)

I attended an annual fundraiser for the Whittier Pregnancy Care Clinic and heard an amazing talk by Rebecca Kiessling.


She is a woman whose mother was raped and her life is the result of that rape. I admit that when it has come to supporting legislation that restricted abortion expect in cases of rape I rationalized it out to justify such an exception. After listening to the powerful testimony of Rebecca and her work as a lawyer, I am convinced that such an exception is no longer defensible. Here is a video of Rebecca responding to some questions about abortion and rape. Some of the things that she says people who are pro-choice tell her are shameful and lack any compassion.



Here are some more people detailing their experiences as men and women who were conceive in rape.



I think anyone who has previously justified having exceptions for abortion because of rape need to rethink their view. In essence, they are are saying that Rebecca and others should never have been born.

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you…” Jeremiah 1:5

“My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!” Psalm 139:15-17