Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Survivor

A powerful song about someone surviving an abortion by Phil Keaggy. Thankfully someone has put it to video to make it even more powerful. The song uses a passage out of Psalm 31 for the chorus:

"For I hear the slander of many;
there is terror on every side;
they conspire against me
and plot to take my life.

But I trust in you, O LORD;
I say, "You are my God."

My times are in your hands;
deliver me from my enemies
and from those who pursue me." Psalm 31:13-15





Jesus warns us about not to stop children from coming to Him. I cannot possibly imagine how He must be grieved by what we are allowed to be done to them through abortion.

"Then they also brought infants to Him that He might touch them; but when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them to Him and said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.” Luke 18:15-17